[Juser] Re: SSL Connect with Rhymbox 1.6

Ken Wermann kwermann at misti.com
Tue Jul 8 11:48:45 CDT 2003

No problem on the long response time. It turns out that we just do not like
how featureless it seems next to clients like Exodus and JAJC. We have
decided to standardize on JCAC since Exodus has been buggy outside of out
Firewall. It will just take approximately 10 minutes longer to show to our
users.

As for the speed delay for SSL, it makes the client appear to be not working
as you occasionally also get an error. To me as an Admin it doesn't matter,
BUT when you give it to the everyday user, you are frustrating that user,
giving them a product that "doesn't work". Even though we all know it does.
You are also giving them something that is slow and a pain. Unfortunately
all non IT users want things ASAP and completely working all the time.

Regards,

Ken Wermann

Systems Administrator
MIS Training Institute