[Juser] How to connect to MSN, ICQ, Yahoo etc. using Exodus client

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Sun Jul 27 02:09:55 CDT 2003

On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 11:35:29PM -0500, 10RC229 wrote:
> Hello and tnx for reading my message (sorry for all mistakes but english is not my main language)
>
> I've just discover jabber and exodus and afte looking for doc about using exodus working msn and other gateway, I don'k know how to do that !!
>
> Anyone can tell me the right procedure to be able to use exodus with MSN and other service ?

Well, I don't know Exodus, but if it follows the same method as most
clients, open the Jabber browser. Try pointing it at the Jabber server
you use first, to see what gateways it has, then register with them. You
can browse to other servers to reach gateways not on your Jabber server.

The best thing to do is look at the Public Server List on
www.jabber.org.

In general, you have to have signed up with the relevant chat service in
the normal way before you can register with a gateway.

Drop me an online message at EmleyMoor at jabber.org if you require more
assistance. I use AIM, ICQ, MSN and Yahoo!, all through Jabber.

--
Phil Reynolds (new PGP key as of 01/05/2003)
 o  ____ mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95