[Juser] How to connect to MSN, ICQ, Yahoo etc. using Exodus client

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Sun Jul 27 07:48:12 CDT 2003

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 07:02:37AM -0500, allie_M wrote:
> Phil Reynolds wrote:
>
> > I use AIM, ICQ, MSN and Yahoo!, all through Jabber.
>
> Same here.
>
> I don't use Exodus either. I use JAJC and in that one, there's a
> 'Register Service' menu item. After you've signed up to a Jabber network
> and logged in, you can then register services such as ICQ and MSN.

I use JAJC when I'm at work, and Gabber at home.

> One thing that bugs me is Yahoo!. I very often have problems connecting
> via the Yahoo! gateway server. I usually see this red exclamation sign
> beside the Yahoo! connection indicator icon with the pop up hint saying
> 'internal server error'.

I have found this with all the services at times.

> I'm not sure what triggers the problem so that I can avoid it.
>
> Is it excessive logouts and logins over a particular period?

No, I think you are just being unlucky enough to catch your Yahoo!
gateway off-line.

> Is it loging into the Yahoo mail or Yahoogroups servers while logged
> into Yahoo chat the cause?

No... I do that lots!

> Anyone have the problem and see the pattern?

I have changed gateway several times... I only bother now when one stays
off every time I try to use it for at least two days. I run ymessenger,
ayttm or Trillian to get round the lack of access for a day or two.

--
Phil Reynolds (new PGP key as of 01/05/2003)
 o  ____ mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95