[Juser] Re: Keeping messages on server?

Jesper Krogh jesper at krogh.cc
Wed Nov 19 12:22:52 CST 2003

I gmane.network.jabber.user, skrev Peter Saint-Andre:
>  On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 01:49:05PM +0100, Andreas Schildbach wrote:
> > is it possible to keep the received messages on the server, like IMAP
> > does it for eMail?
> >
> > I'd like to use one Jabber ID at different locations (maybe at the same
> > time), and I'd like to have access to all messages (including the
> > history) at all locations.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Andreas
>
>  Something like this be possible once servers implement JEP-0013:
>
>  http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0013.html
>
>  I know there are plans to add this to jabberd2 at some point.

This doesn't look like serverside history to mee. More like a way to get
offline messages in a decent way. Sure you could stay offline all the
time and never delete any of the messages on the server, but that would
really cut down Jabber to just beeing another email-like facility.

./Jesper Krogh, jesper at krogh.cc
Jabber ID: jesper at jabbernet.dk
Tøm din hjerne for Linuxviden på http://www.linuxwiki.dk