[Juser] Re: Keeping messages on server?

milk miruku at bonbon.net
Wed Nov 19 13:07:50 CST 2003

Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org> wrote on 19/11/2003 18:54:03:

>> This doesn't look like serverside history to mee. More like a way to
>> get offline messages in a decent way. Sure you could stay offline
>> all the time and never delete any of the messages on the server, but
>> that would really cut down Jabber to just beeing another email-like
>> facility.
>
>Andreas seemed to be asking for something like email, rather than
>server-side history.
>
>Peter

in the interoperable log format discussion [1] on standards-jig, atrus
noted;

>If it's sharing log data across jabber clients you're after, I'm
>thinking that an enhancement protocol for server-side logs, browsed via
>iq's (disco?), would be more effective here.

rob also mentioned that he was interested in this particular idea,
although i do not believe anything became of it in the end.

another jabber+e-mail related project is the next jeneration mail
protocol jep (@ http://ngmp.libretech.org/ ); this doesn't do what the
original poster requires, but i thought i'd mention it any way as it's
always nice to know things :)

[1] http://mailman.jabber.org/pipermail/standards-jig/2003-
September/004169.html

jid: milk at njs.netlab.cz