[Juser] Re: A way to remotely close a session ?

Sami Haahtinen ressu at ressukka.net
Wed Oct 15 15:58:58 CDT 2003

Geobert QUACH wrote:
> I'd like to know if there is a way to shutdown an existing session from
> another session of the same user.
>
> Sometimes I forget to close my client at work. I know the priorities solve
> the concurrent session issue but if I forgot my work client before a week
> end, I'll lose all my messages while my home client is not up.

This happens to me from time to time too.. i solved the problem by
setting priorities in my clients, home (if you keep it logged off
mostly) gets a higher priority, this way when you are online from home,
the messages get always sent to you.

Also, you can drop the other connection by colliding it, for this you
need to set your work connection not to reconnect. Now you just log in
with the same resource as from work from home and disconnect and relogin
with the proper resource. This way you get to drop the other connection
by causing an error ;)

if you read between the lines, i don't know a good way to do it.. ;)

Regards, Sami