[Juser] MSN gateways and security-related messages

Christopher Granade cgranade at greens.org
Wed Sep 3 01:38:38 CDT 2003

mark wrote:
> The articles state that they have an objection to allowing for profit third
> party clients to connect to their network.  MS never says explicitly that
> just because a client or gateway server is free they will work with the
> software engineers in order to implement compatibility.  In fact since they
> explicitly DON'T say that I infer that they will not work with jabber.org,
> gaim, etc...
>
> mark
>
> On Tuesday 02 September 2003 19:52, Ken Wermann wrote:
>
>>Interesting, however it states that the licensing fee is charged to those
>>clients that "make a profit from selling their product to connect to the
>>MSN Network". So Jabber.ORG's server model should probably be exempt from
>>licensing. Now I know that MS does not like Open Source but I can see them
>>letting access become enabled for the open source Jabber Server. Has anyone
>>contacted them?

Considering MS's tactics, I'd be very surprised if they would let us do
that without them filing suit...

--
"Everyone has to find their own reason."
   -Cloud, FFVII

"In our world, every storm has an end.
  Every night has a new morning.
  What's important is to trust those you love, and to never give up.
  We must all keep hope alive."
   -Nun at Cathedral, 600 AD, Chrono Trigger

"Congrats for finishing the game! Now get a life!!"
   -Chrono Trigger Secret Ending