[Juser] Running mulitple instances of a jabber client

Schlabs, Greg greg.schlabs at hp.com
Wed Sep 10 14:11:31 CDT 2003

Hi,
  We just started using jabber at hp.  I work both out of my house and
at the office, thus, I have a tendency to leave work and just lock my
pc, not logout/reboot/etc.  I thought I exited jabber (Jabber Messenger
by HP 2.0.3.1) client on my pc at work, but no guarantees.  I installed
the client at home and could connect and startup private chats or join a
room.  However, within a few minutes, I would have to 'sign in' again.
I had someone shut down my pc at work and, it has continued to work at
home.  Is there a restriction against having multiple instances of a
jabber client running?  This seems to be the problem, but...thought I'd
ask.

  Since I have you, is there a way to turn on timestamping of messages?
It is a convenient feature to see if you missed something a while ago,
or just got it recently?

  Is this the appropriate forum to send these types of 'new-user'
questions to?

thanks,
 greg

----------------------------
Greg Schlabs
Technical Account Manager,
High Availability Support Services
HP Services
719.592.3531
HASS Support: 1.800.345.3746
greg.schlabs at hp.com
"I wish the ring had never come to me...I wish none of this had
happened."

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to
decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given
to us."
                            J. R. R. Tolkien, "The Lord of the Rings"