[Juser] Re: Searching for a reliable Yahoo transport

Marshall Rose mrose+internet.jabber.users at dbc.mtview.ca.us
Sun Apr 4 11:26:34 CDT 2004

> I have no idea why, but it's sure the most unreliable of the transports.

thanks!

in comparing the yahoo gateway to the msn gateway, the yahoo gateway
doesn't seem to handle presence very well.

right now i'm having a chat with someone on yahoo, i know that their
status is "I'm Available" and my roster shows them as "unavailable". if
they logout and login, they show up as "available" in jabber...

maybe there needs to be some kind of probing going on in the gateway?

/mtr