[Juser] Re: (no subject)

Lief Stryder email at liefstryder.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 17:45:09 CDT 2004

Hi Peter,

It appears that the documentation covers the proceedure for finding
friends/users in Gabber and Exodus. These programs, as I understand
from the Jabber User guide, automatically process the actual Jabber
username (my MSN username on Jabber for example, is
liefstryder%hotmail.com at jabber.org.uk) and therefore the users of these
programs do not need to know this information in order to run the
programs successfully.

Users of other programs, especially less developed Mac OS X programs,
need this kind of information as they are using a much more primative
interface to the server. this is of course, only my opion based on the
last few days of getting to know Jabber. I hope it is of some use to
you.

Out of curiousity and a need for clarity; does the Jabber suffix
(@jabber.org.uk for example) of my cross-protocol (say, Jabber to MSN)
username depend on the server I am registered with or the one which the
person trying to find me is connected to.

Peace.