[Juser] Re: Room Configuration

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Aug 23 18:09:05 CDT 2004

In article <6.0.0.22.2.20040820135444.01b5d088 at mail.llnl.gov>,
 Tony Bartoletti <azb at llnl.gov> wrote:

> Apologies for Novice Questions:
>
> I create a room, custom config (max 10 users, logging turned on, etc).  The
> room works fine.
>
> As the "room-owner" ... how am I ever to re-access the configuration - or
> destroy the (persistent) room?

Well, this depends on what Jabber client you use. Unfortunately, most
Jabber clients do not have good support for room configuration yet. The
best I have seen are Exodus and Tkabber. This also works in Gaim but you
have to know the trick of typing "/config" when you are in the room.

> I cannot even recall where the "logs" are
> being collected.

That depends on where the room lives. For example, rooms hosted on
conference.jabber.org are logged at http://www.jabber.org/muc-logs/ but
if you create rooms on a different conference service then the logs will
be located somewhere else. There is no centralized room logging service
for Jabber chat rooms.