[Juser] Client Models

Evan Wills evanwills at alpha.net.au
Mon Aug 30 01:12:19 CDT 2004

Hi Jim

I don't manage a jabber server but I provide tech support for both Gaim and
eXodus to the organaization I work for. I started out using eXodus and then
moved to Gaim. As far as I can tell they are both outstanding clients. eXodus
is great for people unfamiliar with starting a Jabber account but from what
I've seen it seems that Gaim is a little more straight forward for users who
connect to multiple IM networks.

I use Gaim as my IM client for Jabber, MSN, ICQ and Yahoo. and have had fewer
problems with talking people through setting up Gaim over the phone than with
setting up exodus.