[Juser] Jabber questions, invisible, status, transports

Yao Peng ysun at nfsmith.com
Fri Feb 13 14:22:44 CST 2004

Hi!

I am trying to change the password by java code but I donot any samples
and information about it. Please tell me how to change the password by
java code.

I just know how to create a new account by java code. The following is
the java code for creating a new jabber account:

//create a new account
   public void newUser(String loginID, String password)
   {
        //assume we can get connection
        ConnectionBean JabConn=new ConnectionBean();
        JabConn = getConnection();

        //Construct an InfoQuery packet with register data
        InfoQueryBuilder iqb=new InfoQueryBuilder();
        InfoQuery iq;

        //Create register data builder
        IQRegisterExtensionBuilder iqExb=new
IQRegisterExtensionBuilder();

        iqb.setType("set");

        //user and password
        iqExb.set("username",loginID);
        iqExb.set("password",password);

        try
        {
            iqb.addExtension(iqExb.build());

        }
        catch (InstantiationException e)
        {
            //building failed ?
            System.out.println("Fatal Error on Auth object build:");
            System.out.println(e.toString());
            return;
        }

        //build the iq packet
        try
        {
            iq=(InfoQuery)iqb.build();
        }
        catch (InstantiationException e)
        {
            //building failed ?
            System.out.println("Fatal Error on IQ object build:");
            System.out.println(e.toString());
            return ;
        }

        //send the InfoQuery packet to the server to create a new
account
        JabConn.send(iq);

        try
        {
             JabConn.send(new PresenceBuilder().build());
        }
        catch (InstantiationException e)
        {
            //build failed ?
            System.out.println("error creating Presence packet:");
            System.out.println(e.toString());
            return;
        }
    }//end newUser

Look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Sun