[Juser] Re: Multi-user Windows client

Frank Seesink frank at mail.wvnet.edu
Tue Jan 13 18:50:24 CST 2004

Marco,

Take a look at Rhymbox (www.rhymbox.com).  It's free, though I'm not
sure about the open-source.  It relies on IE's engine, however, and much
of it is built using JScript and HTML files, which you can easily
modify.  It saves user settings in %SystemDrive%\Documents and
Settings\<username>\Application Data\, which would work nicely for a
multi-user setup.  Also, it allows for multiple accounts/profiles to be
configured per user, though I believe you can only log into one account
at a time.

It's not for everyone (I find different apps work best depending on your
criteria), but it's one possibility.