[Juser] Re: Docbook source Jabber User Guide

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Jul 14 11:11:20 CDT 2004

Hi Ben, thanks for your interest!

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 14:49:33 +0200, Ben Branders wrote:

> Is the source of the Jabber User Guide[1] available somewhere?  I think
> it's made with DocBook.

Yes, I have the DocBook source here:

http://www.jabberstudio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/JabberManual/en/user/userguide.xml

I have not been updating the DocBook source (my bad) but the text there is
the same as on the jabber.org website except for some of the acronyms in
the appendix.

> If the source is published, translators are encouraged to start
> translating. (And the work of translators is made easier because they
> don't have to copy/paste everything).
>
> As far as I understand it, the Open Publication License[2] allows making
> translations.
>
> [1]: http://www.jabber.org/user/userguide/ [2]:
> http://www.opencontent.org/openpub/

Sure, translation is encouraged! What language will you translate it into?

If you have questions, please ping me on Jabber -- my JID is
<stpeter at jabber.org>.

/psa