[Juser] Re: Docbook source Jabber User Guide

Ben Branders ben.branders at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 13:41:32 CDT 2004

Hi,

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Yes, I have the DocBook source here:
> http://www.jabberstudio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/JabberManual/en/user/userguide.xml

Perfect. :-)

> I have not been updating the DocBook source (my bad) but the text there is
> the same as on the jabber.org website except for some of the acronyms in
> the appendix.

No problem. I don't think the acronyms are the most important thing in
the manual. ;-)

> What language will you translate it into?

I will make a Dutch translation.  Actually, I already made the
translation...  But I translated the webpage (the HTML), which is
quite difficult to maintain after a while. A couple of days ago, I
found the Jabber.org's Quick Guide to DocBook XML[1].  I got
interested in it and I thought it would be a good idea to use DocBook
instead of regular (X)HTML for documentation.

> Sure, translation is encouraged!

I hope so. :-)

Maybe there should be a link to the DocBook sources in the Jabber User
Guide.  It could be placed in an appendix or so ("How to translate
this guide?") with a link to the Jabber DocBook Guide[1]. After all,
the Jabber User Guide is important for beginners to get started.  The
more it is translated, the more new users will join the "Jabberclub"!

[1]: http://docs.jabber.org/general/html/docbook.html

Regards,
--
Ben Branders