[Juser] new clients page

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Mar 2 11:35:12 CST 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 12:46:22AM -0500, Joe Hildebrand wrote:

> >Yes, but that's a lot of information to gather with so many clients in
> >the Jabber world. I need to write a data-gathering engine first so
> >client developers can provide the information themselves over Jabber
> >(using x:data -- JEP-0004).
>
> Client capabilities (JEP 115) would get you most of the way there.
> Just make sure that you have each of the client authors on the roster
> of a particular bot, and the bot could harvest features in real time.

Hmm, somehow I think that JEP-0115 won't be supported by most of the
clients on that list for quite some time. And the features list will
include things that are not JEPs:

http://www.jabber.org/software/clientfeatures.php

But that's a ways out.

Besides, I want to write my little bot engine -- was looking forward to
it during all those months in the wilderness. ;-)

Jabber Software Foundation