[Juser] [Help] connect through a firewall

yicheng_hu yicheng_hu at yahoo.com.tw
Tue Oct 19 21:22:41 CDT 2004

Hi,

I am using a PC Windows 2000 behind a firewall.
Here is some information of this proxy server.
-------------
Interesting ports on wg1oaproxy.hannspree.com
(10.5.1.45):
(The 1654 ports scanned but not shown below are in
state: closed)
PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION
135/tcp open msrpc Microsoft Windows msrpc
139/tcp open netbios-ssn
443/tcp open https?
445/tcp open microsoft-ds Microsoft Windows 2000
microsoft-ds
1080/tcp open socks?
1720/tcp open H.323/Q.931?
3372/tcp open msdtc Microsoft Distributed Transaction
Coordinator
3389/tcp open ms-term-serv?
8080/tcp open http-proxy Microsoft ISA Server http
proxy
-------------

I am using Psi ver 0.9.2 as my Jabber client.
I set my client as the following:
at Account Properties->Connection
X Manually Specify Server Host/Port
Host: amessage.de Port: 443
at Account Properties->Connection->Proxy
Name: Hannspree
Type: HTTP Connect
Host: 10.5.1.45 Port: 8080
X Use authentication
User name: XXX
Password: XXXXXXX

And when I push "Online", it shows that
"There was an error communicating with the Jabber
server.
Details: Connection Error: Error during proxy
negotiation"

Could someone tell me how to connect to Jabber server
normally?