[Juser] New Web-based Jabber Client avaliable now

Nick Parker nickp at bu.edu
Fri Apr 1 08:46:32 CST 2005

Unless the link has been cleverly hidden, it appears that B-Talk cannot
be downloaded and run on your own server. Also, while B-Talk is free for
the moment, their "Learn More" page has this:

"The current limited preview test is free of charge to those people who
are invited to participate. Once the current preview test period is
completed, and B-Talk is no longer a "beta", we may charge a
subscription fee, but none of those details, including how much or for
how long, have been decided yet."

In other words:

WebJabber: Free, Open source, freely downloadable for use on your own
server.

B-Talk: Not.