[Juser] Gateways and presence

Rickard Lindberg rickard at rickardlindberg.se
Sat Apr 2 11:03:27 CST 2005

Hi!
My name is Rickard and I'm a new Jabber user. I like the protocol so far
but I have some questions regarding gatewas and presence. Since other
protocols like ICQ and MSN don't have the presence thing, how can users
on those network then allow me to see their presence? I'm currently
using a ICQ and a MSN transport, but it don't feels like all the users
that are online shows up in my jabber client. But some people that are
online, I do just have a to subscription to. Can anyone please tell me
how this works? (I use the Psi jabber client)
/Rickard