[Juser] Roster corruption!

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Sat Apr 2 15:34:56 CST 2005

Self-followup! Eek!

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 10:08:50PM +0100, Phil Reynolds wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 11:06:03PM +0200, Matthias Wimmer wrote:
> > Hi Phil!
> >
> > Phil Reynolds schrieb am 2005-04-02 19:45:58:
> > > It seems that my roster has been corrupted - I can no longer see my ICQ,
> > > MSN or SMS transports, though the SMS contacts show as "online".
> > >
> > > Is there anything I can do to find out what's happened, or is it time
> > > for me to start from scratch? All my contacts are still in my roster, so
> > > I can't be said to have actually lost any - it's just the transports.
> >
> > I'd suggest sending a "resubscribe" request ... most Jabber clients
> > allow you to send a subscription request to users, that are already on
> > your roster.
>
> The transports have gone from the roster altogether.

Nevertheless, I tried resubscribing one of the contacts - it failed due
to the absence of the transport.

As it looks like I'm going to have to start from scratch anyway, I will
- but if, for future reference, there's a way to fix this, it would be
really handy to know.

--
Phil Reynolds
 o  ____ mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95