[Juser] JSF: multi-user chat services

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Apr 5 10:50:43 CDT 2005

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 09:22:05PM +0200, Kai Raven wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 09:20:44 -0600 you wrote:
>
> > 2. private.jabber.org -- rooms at this domain cannot be
> >    discovered by anyone and room discussions are not
> >    archived
>
> I have two questions jfi:
> - Is this a "feature" of jabber.org or part of the jabber protocolls/jep's?

JEP-0045 specifies a room type of private, and I think that all
implementations support that room type.

> - Why can i see a private chatroom named "kehlecom" now?

That seems to be a bug in the mu-conference code, because our
configuration of private.jabber.org should not allow anyone to
retrieve a list of rooms on that service. I'll file a bug report
with the mu-conference project.