[Juser] Newbie to forum has problems

Hal Rottenberg halr9000 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 08:03:19 CDT 2005

> Firstly, although we are both on-line according to our clients, we
> cannot see each other and messages don't reach other. Her jabber
> account is through jabber.cn. I also tried it using Psi as my client,
> but that didn't make any difference.

In Proteus, you could try removing and then re-adding your friend.  In
Psi, you might try the re-send and re-request authorization commands
(right-click on her ID in your roster).

> Secondly, we were chatting last night. She was using the jabber
> transport to ICQ and I was connected directly to ICQ with Proteus. She
> sent me a message with three Chinese characters in it. The characters

Have you tried the same thing over Jabber?  Could be a transport
issue...  Has this worked in the past?  Is your friend also using
Proteus?

--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal at jabber.rocks.cc