[Juser] Use of jabber for web customer care

Hal Rottenberg halr9000 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 08:57:13 CDT 2005

On 8/1/05, Michael Richter <ttmrichter at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I am quite new to jabber and I am considering using jabber as a means
> > of online customer care for an e-commerce site.
>

> Don't. I'm serious. It's not even really adequate for personal, unimportant
> chatting. Specificaly S2S is such a mess that most of the time half the
> Jabber-using world can't talk to the other half, with the specifics of the
> halves changing every week.

Umm, wow.  I think that's a huge exaggeration.

To answer Yuan's question, I would look at Jive Software, I think they
offer some commercial products to assist in customer support type
situations.

http://www.jivesoftware.com/

If anyone has some practical advice or feedback about Jive's products,
that would be appropriate in this thread.  I think an over broad
statement about the quality of Jabber is not.

--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal at jabber.rocks.cc
http://halr9000.com