[Juser] Use of jabber for web customer care

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Aug 3 10:06:55 CDT 2005

Michael Richter wrote:

> I rarely, if ever, can connect to anybody off of
> jabber.org<http://jabber.org>unless I'm logged in to
> jabber.org <http://jabber.org> myself. My jabber.cn <http://jabber.cn> ID,
> similarly, has no problem talking to anybody on jabber.cn <http://jabber.cn>,
> but can rarely talk to anybody off it. In general if I'm talking off-server
> at all -- whether to another Jabber system or through a bridge to YIM, MSN
> or whatever -- it's about a 50/50 chance at any given time if I'll get
> through or not. Basically, the Jabber network is less reliable than MSN. MSN
> being the network I pretty much dropped for any except legacy communications
> with people too scared to try anything different because it was so damned
> unreliable.

Well, I guess my experience of the network is quite different -- I'm
able to talk with people on other servers all day long. In fact
sometimes I wish the network were less reliable so fewer people could
find me. ;-)

That said, it's true that some of the server codebases need help. Any
suggestions (or patches!) you have for making that happen would be
appreciated. :-)

Jabber Software Foundation