[Juser] Use of jabber for web customer care

Roberto Jung Drebes drebes at inf.ufrgs.br
Wed Aug 3 11:47:13 CDT 2005

On 03/08/2005, at 12:06, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> That said, it's true that some of the server codebases need help.
> Any suggestions (or patches!) you have for making that happen would
> be appreciated. :-)

I think one problem is (I may be wrong) the lack of documentation
about interconnecting servers. For instance, I can google up many
howtos about setting up individual servers, or even farming, but
can't find anything about putting these servers to interoperate. I
keep hearing about S25, but can't find what it is. I can't even find
(with a superficial look, that's true) in the jabber.org web server.

So even if people are deploying jabber, only "insiders" have the
knowledge about get it to work with other servers.

Regards,

--
Roberto Jung Drebes <drebes at inf.ufrgs.br>
Porto Alegre, RS - Brasil