[Juser] JCR for 2.0?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Feb 23 12:52:09 CST 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 10:23:07AM -0800, Tom Maddox wrote:
> > Chatrooms are not part of most jabber servers -- you need to
> > run an additional component. In jabberd2 this is a bit
> > tricky, since normally you need to run the Jabber Component
> > Runtime in addition to the mu-conference component. But the
> > JADMIN list is the right place for such questions.
> >
> > /psa
>
> So, I have a bad feeling I know the answer to this question, but I'm going
> to ask it anyway:  is there a way of getting the JCR to run under jabberd
> 2.0?  If not, do you know if the JCR dev team is planning on making it
> available under 2.0 at any point?

Yes, the whole point of JCR was to make it possible to "bridge" between
jabberd2 and old-style components that speak the internal API used by
jabberd1. The folks on the JADMIN list can walk you through all that.
Let's keep this list for people who have questions about Jabber clients,
not all that server stuff. ;-)

/psa