[Juser] problem with Gaim registration?

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Fri Mar 4 02:40:14 CST 2005

Hi Peter!

Peter Saint-Andre schrieb am 2005-03-03 22:43:42:
> I've received several reports that Gaim users have been unable to create
> (register) new accounts at the jabber.org server of late. I am not sure
> if this is a Gaim bug, a jabber.org problem, or something else. If you
> have experienced this problem, please let me know (including exact Gaim
> version) so that I can try to debug this.

jabber.org is now sending stream features, if the client is sending a
version='1.0' attribute in the stream root. The only stream feature that
is advertized is starttls.

I guess Gaim is waiting for the register stream feature defined in
JEP-0077. It would also be good to advertise the auth feature of
JEP-0078 as I expect non-SASL authentication is supported.

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--
Fon: +49-(0)70 0770 07770          http://web.amessage.info