[Juser] Gabber2

gregory aeon at pandora.be
Fri Mar 4 11:06:13 CST 2005

Thomas Muldowney wrote:

> That is flat out false.  Gabber2 development _DID NOT_ stop because of
> Gossip.  If you want a full account of why Gabber2 development was
> stopped please read julian's blog post about one piece of it:
> http://missig.org/julian/blog/2004/06/25/on-library-maintenance/
>
> Other than that, there was a constant lack of anyone caring about what
> julian and I were trying to do.  It had nothing to do with the
> "competition".

I said I thought it was 1 of the many reasons why Gabber 2 development
stopped. There were many other reasons too, like lack of interest,
you're right about that.
I'm sorry if I was mistaken. For example, the dev of Gnome Jabber joined
the Gossip team because he didn't want to do duplicate work.
About Gabber, I'm sad development stopped, Gabber 1 was my first Linux
Jabber client and I loved using it. And I was very much looking forward
to a final release of Gabber 2. Sadly enough that never happened.