[Juser] register at a Jabber server

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Tue Mar 15 03:52:06 CST 2005

Hi Alessio!

I don't know why many people think that port 80 is open on most
networks. Due to my experience it is not ... in most company networks
you cannot directly connect to port 80, but have to use a proxy to
connect to http servers (which will only allow you to do http on this
port).
The trick that works most of the time to pass out of a network using a
proxy is not to use port 80, but to use port 443. The proxies are much
more liberal on this port, as there is encrypted traffic on this port,
so it's normal to them, that they have no clue about what is happening
on the connection.
Please have a look at http://web.amessage.info/firewalled/ for more
information about what I propose to try.

Tot kijk
    Matthias