[Juser] What happened to Gabber 2?

Nick Parker nickp at bu.edu
Tue Mar 15 14:47:52 CST 2005

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 10:39:59AM +0000, symbulos partners wrote:
>
>>What happened to Gabber 2? We cannot find - download it.
>

> That project was abandoned last year or perhaps even the year before,
> and probably the developers saw no reason to validate the code for
> posting again on jabberstudio.org.
>
> /psa

I think it might be worthy of some debate whether there should be a
separate page containing copies of discontinued projects so that future
Jabber developers would have a wider foundation to use in their own
projects.
These abandoned projects could be distributed in source-only form, in
order to highlight that they should only be used by experienced
programmers. We could also provide end users with ample mention of other
equivalent projects that have already been verified (for example: On the
Gabber download page, users could be pointed to Gossip, Gaim, etc).

Does this sound like a good idea to you guys? Might be worth some
consideration.