[Juser] JSF: connection limits

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Mar 31 16:28:58 CST 2005

FYI, one of the recent configuration changes we put into effect at the
jabber.org server was to limit the number of connections from any one
IP address. Currently the limit is set to 20 connections. If you work
for an organization that is using the jabber.org server as its IM
server, this may cause problems for you, since you will get 19 users
connected and then the 20th user will not be able to connect.

If this is a hardship for you, you have two choices:

1. Run your own jabber server -- it's fun, easy, and more secure! [1]

2. Complain to me.

We *may* increase the limit of connections per IP address, but we do not
want to increase it by much (perhaps to 25).

Feedback is welcome as always.

Peter

[1] http://www.jabber.org/admin/