[Juser] Re: jabber and video chat

Hal Rottenberg halr9000 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 18:53:03 CDT 2006

On 4/25/06, Rakotomandimby Mihamina

> I have to work on one.
> Would you know a "developper community" interested in? May be

I think you are in the right place actually.

> Know I need to show people a preview of the thing... they are almost
> running Windows, but some also run Linux.

There are several cross-platform libraries for working with XMPP
today.  We're working on Jingle support in the Psi project, and that's
using the QT toolkit.  Another option may be Gaim which is also
cross-platform (Gtk) and also working on Jingle.

Coccinella (sp?) and Neos have multimedia capabilities today, not sure
about the video chat thing but there may be something there to build
on.  There are a couple of other VOIP on XMPP clients around that
might prove as useful starting points.

> I need to first satisfy the windows users...
> They all have a webcam.
> The soft will be open source.

Keep us updated!

--