[Juser] Newbie: can't connect

modeler modeler at myrealbox.com
Mon Aug 7 11:47:20 CDT 2006

Thanks for that quick response, Peter :-)

> Jabber is not SIP.

True. Some IM clients, notably Apple iChat, use port 5060 to initiate certain kinds of sessions, e.g., audio. Don't know about other clients, other kinds of session.

> You probably need to open port 5222.

I'm sure that is right, and I believe I have done so in both the OS firewall and in the router.

Aside from successfully running a Jabber client, is there some way to confirm that 5222 is open?

I understand from your response that I need no other ports -- Right?

--Bill