[Juser] Newbie: can't connect

James Louis jglouisjr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 13:32:36 CDT 2006

not sure on the Mac but on Windows you could use the netstat -an command to
check ports

On 8/7/06, modeler <modeler at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> Thanks for that quick response, Peter :-)
>
> > Jabber is not SIP.
>
> True. Some IM clients, notably Apple iChat, use port 5060 to initiate
> certain kinds of sessions, e.g., audio. Don't know about other clients,
> other kinds of session.
>
> > You probably need to open port 5222.
>
> I'm sure that is right, and I believe I have done so in both the OS
> firewall and in the router.
>
> Aside from successfully running a Jabber client, is there some way to
> confirm that 5222 is open?
>
> I understand from your response that I need no other ports -- Right?
>
> --Bill

///,        ////
\  /,      /  >.
  \  /,   _/  /.      James Louis
   \_  /_/   /.      Computer Consulting
    \__/_   <       http://technogichida.endoftheinternet.org
    /<<< \_\_      612.203.2631
   /,)^>>_._ \     jglouisjr at gmail.com
       // ````
======((`=======[when weather means business]=======================

"I am an idealist. I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way."
     - Carl Sandburg