[Juser] Please help

Hal Rottenberg halr9000 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 20:44:58 CDT 2006

On 8/9/06, Ranjan, Rajiv <Rajiv.Ranjan at onstar.com> wrote:
> I have two question.

> 1.  I have contacts on yahoo ,  that does not get displayed on jabber, I can
> not see them. I work with EDS and access jabber behind firewall. How to get
> displyaed all  list on my yahoo contacts in jabber.

If your jabber server can reach the internet, then you can register
with any server which has a Yahoo transport.  But if it cannot (many
companies disallow this), then it is something your server admin would
have to enable.

> 2 . I have message history from yahoo users , how to read them if I don't
> look them in my jabber list. Here is archived filename 20060605.jml. How to
> read those text.

I was going to advise you to go to Jabber Inc's website, the maker of
Jabber Messenger, but strangely it looks like they do not offer any
end-user support tools.  Shame on them.  Try opening it in notepad.
It might not be pretty but I imagine it's some XML variant that you
could read in plaintext.

--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal at jabber.rocks.cc