[Juser] Please help

Joe Hildebrand hildjj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 00:04:50 CDT 2006

On Aug 9, 2006, at 9:44 PM, Hal Rottenberg wrote:
> I was going to advise you to go to Jabber Inc's website, the maker of
> Jabber Messenger, but strangely it looks like they do not offer any
> end-user support tools.  Shame on them.  Try opening it in notepad.
> It might not be pretty but I imagine it's some XML variant that you
> could read in plaintext.

Seeing as I've been shamed :)

That file is encrypted, since a lot of our customers made that an
absolute requirement.

Please contact your Jabber admin, and if you still have an issue,
feel free to have them file a support request.

We've found in the past that these sorts of requests aren't coming
from the (ahem) original owners of the log files, so we tend to be a
little careful.  No, I'm not suggesting that is the case here, just
providing background for why there aren't tools for this sort of thing.

--
Joe Hildebrand