[Juser] Web based Jabber client product

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Fri Aug 11 21:55:10 CDT 2006

On Friday 11 August 2006 12:05, nishad.p at tcs.com wrote:
> Now i would require to implement the instant messaging (IM) client as a
> web-based one.  Any recommendations for web-based Jabber client products
> (freewares) !

I don't recommend freeware and other proprietary software if I can avoid it,
free software¹ is a much better expectation to have.  The world needs
software that can be used, copied, studied, modified, and redistributed
without restriction or without it falling into a closed product.

My current recommendation, for lack of any more complete web-based Jabber
client that I've found, would be JWChat.  You can download the source code
and documentation at http://jwchat.sourceforge.net/ and see it live, in
action at http://www.jwchat.org/

> and any attachments. Thank you

Not sure this really applies to something you post to a public mailing list,
you might consider talking to your postmaster about helping you turn that off
for email that isn't actually confidential.

¹ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software

--
Paul Johnson
Email and IM (XMPP & Google Talk): baloo at ursine.ca