[Juser] jabber.org certificate and Psi

Maximilian Engelhardt maxi at daemonizer.de
Fri Dec 22 10:22:14 CST 2006

On Fr, 2006-12-22 at 15:12 +0100, Matthias Wimmer wrote:
> Hal Rottenberg schrieb:
> > We'd love to help you out at http://forum.psi-im.org.  There's some
> > config settings to change to prevent the error from happening or to
> > trust the cert explicitly.
>
> Sure you can instruct Psi to ignore the error, but I don't think that
> this is an error on Psi's side. It's just that jabber.org currently
> (last tested some days ago, I don't think it has changed yet) presents
> an invalid certificate (wrong subject).

I would agree with Matthias here. His explanation about the false domain
name in the certificate sounds reasonable to me and I also think it
should be fixed on the server side. I know I can make Psi ignore the
certificate warning (in fact, as albert corrected me on MUC, it's a
warning, not an error), but then I would be vulnerable to
man-in-the-middle attacks.

Thanks for your help so far,
Maxi