[Juser] JabberTalk

Ismael Valladolid Torres ivalladt at punkass.com
Sat Jan 14 10:05:23 CST 2006

Peter Saint-Andre escribe:
> Joel Selvadurai wrote:
> >Hi All,
> >
> >I want to include my googleTalk contacts in my jabber
> >user list much as I do with yahoo and MSN contacts. Is
> >this at all possible?

At least last friday it still wasnt posible. Get yourself a jabber.org
and a Google Talk account, invite your Google Talk user from your
jabber.org user using a real Jabber client and Google Talk will never
receive the invitation. The same if you try the opposite. Currently
the Google Talk server is out of the whole Jabber network.

> It will be possible soon, but I can't say exactly when, because I don't
> know for sure. I do know it will be easier than adding your MSN and
> Yahoo contacts because you won't have to use a gateway, since the Google
> Talk server will be just another (big!) server on the Jabber network.

AFAIK when the Google Talk server was on the Jabber network, a gateway
will still be needed for adding MSN contacts i.e., another choice is
using a multiprotocol IM client as Gaim which is a nice enough Jabber
client IMHO, no XML console, though!

Cordially, Ismael
--
Dropping science like when Galileo dropped his orange