[Juser] JabberTalk

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Jan 16 10:53:45 CST 2006

Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> Peter Saint-Andre escribe:
>> Joel Selvadurai wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I want to include my googleTalk contacts in my jabber
>>> user list much as I do with yahoo and MSN contacts. Is
>>> this at all possible?
>
> At least last friday it still wasnt posible. Get yourself a jabber.org
> and a Google Talk account, invite your Google Talk user from your
> jabber.org user using a real Jabber client and Google Talk will never
> receive the invitation. The same if you try the opposite. Currently
> the Google Talk server is out of the whole Jabber network.

Currently, yes. However, people have discovered that Google seems to be
testing server-to-server functionality, or preparing for its launch:

http://www.simplicidade.org/notes/archives/2006/01/telnet_federati.html

As I said, I don't know exactly when they're going to open that up, and
even if I did know I probably wouldn't be able to tell you. But I do
know that they launched the first version of Google Talk before they had
written the code for server-to-server functionality, that they have been
working on that code, and that (IMHO) it is only a matter of time before
they launch that and therefore join the public Jabber network.

Jabber Software Foundation