[Juser] Creating an account and recovering an old one

J. Grant jg at jguk.org
Sun Jan 22 08:13:24 CST 2006

Hello,
I wonder if someone could help me with a problem I have at present. I
tried to create an account without success, using Gaim v1.5.0 and
Gabber2 v1.9.4.3

It just kept asking me for the password as though it did not know about
it from Gabber2.  From  Gaimn it says: "disconnected 401: unauthorized"

Would it be possible to create a more intuitive web-based approach to
allow users to create an account? "just try and login" seems a rather
haphazard approach" IMHO.. I'm sure there is a good reason for it being
the way it is though?

Also, I have a feeling i tried to create an account name a few years
ago, but did not succeed. Is there a way to query if that account is active?

Kind regards
JG
--
Homepage: http://jguk.org/