[Juser] Yahoo! transports

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Tue Jan 24 17:52:18 CST 2006

http://ursine.ca/Top_Posting

On Tuesday 24 January 2006 13:23, Hal Rottenberg wrote:
> So he runs multiple IM clients, or a multi-protocol client already.  I
> say drop all of this and get him on Jabber already!

Big problem:  Yahoo transport is perpetually broken.  Signing into the Yahoo
transport causes all Yahoo contacts to subscribe to your presence again every
time.  Only yahoo-transport available is the ugly hack released with jabberd.

Given that the jabberd transports rarely work as advertised, I'm holding back
until the yahoo equivalent to pyaim-t gets released before I throw my support
behind using a yahoo transport.

--
Paul Johnson
Email and IM (XMPP & Google Talk): baloo at ursine.ca