[Juser] Using BOTS with JABBER

Ken Born kenborn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 12:20:52 CDT 2006

Greetings,
I am new to Jabber and very much impressed with its core messaging
capabilities.  Now, I want to extend the power of IM into business
applications.  I read some Jabber books but don't 'get it' when it comes to
knowing how to have Jabber launch an application with passing arguments.  I
did this with SENDMAIL and was wondering how to do it with JABBER.  I saw
some examples of BOTS, but didn't see how they actually launched the
application passing in arguments or an XML Document.  I think it hinges on
using the JEP-0050 AD-HOC Commands.

Any thoughts?