[Juser] Re: jabber and video chat

commedo commedo at portal.ebdesk.com
Mon May 1 01:55:56 CDT 2006

You should try Neos (www.neosmt.com) as Jabber Client. This jabber client
supports Audio & Video chat.

regards,

commedo

-----Original Message-----
From: juser-bounces at jabber.org [mailto:juser-bounces at jabber.org] On Behalf
Of Rakotomandimby Mihamina
Sent: Selasa, 25 April 2006 22:46 comm
To: jdev at jabber.org; juser at jabber.org
Subject: [Juser] Re: jabber and video chat

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 10:24 -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> I don't know of any Jabber clients that support video yet using
> Jingle, but I think we'll start to see them in the next 6-12 months.

I have to work on one.
Would you know a "developper community" interested in? May be we should
join and then begin something...
I need to develop a video chat system and I have the choice of the
protocole to use. I chosed Jabber.
Know I need to show people a preview of the thing... they are almost
running Windows, but some also run Linux.

We could:
- make a core client for everything that could be common to all OSes,
and then split to OS specificities for fronted (e.g. acquiring from the
webcam).
- make a web-based client (java applet?)

I need to first satisfy the windows users...
They all have a webcam.
The soft will be open source.

--
A powerfull GroupWare, CMS, CRM, ECM: CPS (Open Source & GPL).
Opengroupware, SPIP, Plone, PhpBB, JetSpeed... are good: CPS is better.