[Juser] Re: Jabber client for Windows and proxy

Zhong Li webjabber at gmail.com
Mon May 29 15:52:31 CDT 2006

Lavanant Étienne <tiennou.mailing <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Bertrand Jacquin a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > At work only jabber in allowed as IM. We have a proxy with http auth.
> >
> > And currently only gtalk can connect to a serveur. But I would like to
> > be able to connect to my jabber.fr account. I tested psi, gajim and
> > they can't connect to the remote serveur. Connection take hours and
> > hours, that's horrible. Pandion crash.
> >
> > So maybe some of you know a tips a clients which can connect over http
> > proxy to any jabber server.
> >
> > Or maybe couldn't I do jabber transport with my gtalk account like I
> > did my msn contacts ?
> >
> jabber.fr provides XMPP over SSL on port 443 which port may not be
> filetered by your http auth proxy.
>
> http binding is not available on this server and http polling is
> currently broken

Hi,

You can try webjabber. http://www.webjabber.net, it is totally free and open source.

It is hosting on the http://www.gotoservers.com

If you can go through http, you should be ok. At least Plain HTML style works
for all.

Security will be big issue today and future. That is bottom line we create
gotoservers, webjabber and others ( coming ) service for you.

Welcome to try and use our services. Your support is our future.

Zhong Li

The GoToServers Team