[Juser] Adopting Partnerships and the second wide availability of Voice with XMPP

Jason Salaz jason at zenenet.com
Fri Oct 13 02:48:17 CDT 2006

On 10/13/06, Robert Francis <remf at uklinux.net> wrote:
> If jingle  is going to use a different protocol, that is encouraging news. More news from the experts please.

Jingle is a native signalling protocol over pure XMPP. It does not
leverage SIP in any fashion (which is part of the reason for my
initial mailing).

See everything with 'Jingle' in the name at http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/
(Except Jingle Telepathy Transport Method, read it for a laugh, but
not for information as to how it works/what it is :P.)

See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jingle_%28protocol%29 and
http://code.google.com/apis/talk/index.html (short, but it's a great
summary for repeating to other interested users who do not have a lean
towards programming/administration).