[Juser] Adopting Partnerships and the second wide availability of Voice with XMPP

Robert Francis remf at uklinux.net
Fri Oct 13 13:26:21 CDT 2006

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Jason Salaz wrote:
>> On 10/13/06, Robert Francis <remf at uklinux.net> wrote:
>>> If jingle  is going to use a different protocol, that is encouraging
>>> news. More news from the experts please.
>> Jingle is a native signalling protocol over pure XMPP. It does not
>> leverage SIP in any fashion (which is part of the reason for my
>> initial mailing).
>
> But Jingle is intended to be easy to gateway to SIP. We're not trying to
> work in a vacuum here or separate Jabber/Jingle users off from the rest
> of the open VoIP networks...
>
> /psa

Jingle will certainly solve the problem I had with the Gizmo Project
contending with another SIP account - Global Village. My next question
would be, Will Jingle use ports that are blocked by the firewall on my
Zoom X5V modem? Will it breach carefully thought out security? I shall
follow your progress with great interest, and why I am subscribing to
Juser. /remf

Ps. I do thank Jason for those references this morning.