[Juser] Losing subscription to contacts???

Randy W. Sims randys at thepierianspring.org
Tue Apr 24 15:25:11 CDT 2007

I've tried several different clients: PSI, Trillian Pro; and I keep
running into a problem where I loose the ability to communicate with a
contact. The contact still shows up with all status indicators
(online/offline, away/xa, etc) but I cannot send messages. Sometimes
they can send a message to me but my response does not show up on the
other end. I haven't been able to figure out what causes this or what
steps to restore it. Sometimes it can be fixed by deleting the contact
on both clients and creating them again. Sometimes not.

Anyone seen this?

Thanks,
Randy.

randys at jabber.org (work)
simsrw at jabber.org (home - where the problem usually (always?) happens.)

I have two accounts because, unlike AIM (which I've recently started
testing), there is not easy way to sign off remotely from the other end
when both computers are always running without manually signing off
before leaving, and I'm too lazy/forgetful for that. The auto away
doesn't alway work reliably either-sometimes the other computer will
"wakeup" and goof the connection until it falls asleep again.