[Juser] myJabber

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Dec 4 11:57:24 CST 2007

Gregory wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 19:25 -0700, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> Gregory wrote:
>>> Does anyone know what happened to the myJabber server(s)? Both
>>> myjabber.net and myjabber.org are offline. Been so for 2 weeks already.
>> As far as I can determine, this server is permanently offline. It would
>> have been friendly for them to provide some notice.
>
> Just like that they shut off all their users? It's hard to imagine they
> can just dissapear like that.

Technically, it's easy enough. But just shutting off the server is not
very user-friendly.

> I'm in for a new public Jabber server then. Any suggestions for a
> stable, public and secure Jabber server?

I'm an admin at the jabber.org server, but whether it is stable depends
on your definition of "stable". We've been working on the stability
issues, but jabber.org is a target for attacks, bad alpha code, and so
on, which is why it can be hard to keep this server up and running with
more than 99% uptime. Our current goal is to achieve 99.9% uptime...

https://stpeter.im/